Friday 6 April 2012

The Big Day!

So, it's been a long time coming, but today is the day I *finally* published my business page on Facebook!  

I originally had the idea to set up shop in early February, but wanted to sort a logo and a good amount of things to sell before I jumped in - to be very prepared so I could avoid the large amount of confusion I anticipated!  All these things were ready by March, but I was shocked at the lack of insurance for small scale (I think it's referred to as 'Cottage Industry') people like myself, and the fact that a lot of these insurers don't cover online sales.  It took me up until Wednesday to find someone suitable, but now it's sorted, so I thought I ought to get a wriggle on and open up! 

The idea of having your things up online for all and sundry to view is one of both dread and excitement for me - I am quite a perfectionist, (to the point of my significant other teasing me about OCD - the meanie!) and so I am very self critical about my work.  This means that the idea that other people, STRANGERS! can look and judge my work is scary, but I know that I have put my all into every single item, so it is exciting to see "likes" going up, and I do look forward to hearing what people have to say about it all. 

I will be listing some new cat based items later on, so do pop in, "like" and say "hello!"

No comments:

Post a Comment